Synonyms of polish off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. get through, wrap up, finish off, mop up, polish off, clear up, finish up, complete, finish
- usage: finish a task completely; "I finally got through this homework assignment"
- 2. murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove, kill
- usage: kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
- 3. eat up, finish, polish off, eat
- usage: finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table; "She polished off the remaining potatoes"
All rights reserved.