Synonyms of poking
- 1. jab, jabbing, poke, poking, thrust, thrusting, gesture
- usage: a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow); "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jab, prod, stab, poke, dig, thrust
- usage: poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- 2. intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke, search, look
- usage: search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- 3. poke, agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
- usage: stir by poking; "poke the embers in the fireplace"
- 4. thump, pound, poke, hit
- usage: hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument; "the salesman pounded the door knocker"; "a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
- 5. poke, pierce
- usage: make a hole by poking
All rights reserved.