- 1. jail, jailhouse, gaol, clink, slammer, poky, pokey, correctional institution
- usage: a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dilatory, laggard, poky, pokey, slow (vs. fast)
- usage: wasting time
- 2. jerkwater, one-horse, pokey, poky, provincial (vs. cosmopolitan)
- usage: small and remote and insignificant; "a jerkwater college"; "passed a series of poky little one-horse towns"
All rights reserved.
See also: pokey (Dictionary)