- 1. indicate, point, designate, show, inform
- usage: indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
- 2. orient, point, lie
- usage: be oriented; "The weather vane points North"; "the dancers toes pointed outward"
- 3. charge, level, point, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
- usage: direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
- 4. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 5. bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal, tell
- usage: be a signal for or a symptom of; "These symptoms indicate a serious illness"; "Her behavior points to a severe neurosis"; "The economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued"
- 6. luff, point, sail
- usage: sail close to the wind
- 7. point, tag, label, mark
- usage: mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
- 8. point, tag, label, mark
- usage: mark with diacritics; "point the letter"
- 9. point, tag, label, mark
- usage: mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes
- 10. point, be
- usage: be positionable in a specified manner; "The gun points with ease"
- 11. target, aim, place, direct, point, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
- usage: intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- 12. point, indicate, point, designate, show
- usage: indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle; "the dog pointed the dead duck"
- 13. sharpen, taper, point, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
- 14. point, repoint, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: repair the joints of bricks; "point a chimney"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pointed (vs. pointless), acanthoid, acanthous, spinous, acuate, acute, sharp, needlelike, barreled, barrelled, bristle-pointed, five-pointed, fusiform, spindle-shaped, cigar-shaped, nibbed, peaked, pyramidal, pyramidic, pyramidical, sharpened, six-pointed, spiked, spikelike, angular#2, angulate, sharp
- usage: having a point
- 2. pointed, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: direct and obvious in meaning or reference; often unpleasant; "a pointed critique"; "a pointed allusion to what was going on"; "another pointed look in their direction"
All rights reserved.
See also: pointed (Dictionary)