- 1. plump, noise
- usage: the sound of a sudden heavy fall
- 1. plummet, plump, drop
- usage: drop sharply; "The stock market plummeted"
- 2. plank, flump, plonk, plop, plunk, plump down, plunk down, plump, set down, put down, place down
- usage: set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise; "He planked the money on the table"; "He planked himself into the sofa"
- 3. fatten, fat, flesh out, fill out, plump, plump out, fatten out, fatten up, change, alter, modify
- usage: make fat or plump; "We will plump out that poor starving child"
- 4. plump, go, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: give support (to) or make a choice (of) one out of a group or number; "I plumped for the losing candidates"
- 1. chubby, embonpoint, plump, fat (vs. thin)
- usage: sufficiently fat so as to have a pleasing fullness of figure; "a chubby child"; "pleasingly plump";
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plump
- usage: straight down especially heavily or abruptly; "the anchor fell plump into the sea"; "we dropped the rock plump into the water"
All rights reserved.
See also: plump (Dictionary)