Synonyms of plugged
- 1. plug, stop up, secure, close, fill up
- usage: fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- 2. plug, plug away, persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on
- usage: persist in working hard; "Students must plug away at this problem"
- 3. punch, plug, hit
- usage: deliver a quick blow to; "he punched me in the stomach"
- 4. plug, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote
- 5. plug, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: insert a plug into; "plug the wall"
- 6. plug, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: insert as a plug; "She plugged a cork in the wine bottle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plugged
- usage: (of a coin) altered by the insertion of a plug of base metal
- 2. blocked, plugged, obstructed (vs. unobstructed)
- usage: completely obstructed or closed off; "the storm was responsible for many blocked roads and bridges"; "the drain was plugged"
All rights reserved.