Synonyms of plucked
- 1. pluck, tweak, pull off, pick off, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull or pull out sharply; "pluck the flowers off the bush"
- 2. hustle, pluck, roll, steal
- usage: sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
- 3. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 4. pluck, plunk, pick, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion; "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
- 5. pluck, pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume, strip
- usage: strip of feathers; "pull a chicken"; "pluck the capon"
- 6. pick, pluck, cull, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: look for and gather; "pick mushrooms"; "pick flowers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plucked (vs. bowed), pizzicato
- usage: of a stringed instrument; sounded with the fingers or a plectrum
- 2. plucked, unfeathered (vs. feathered), featherless
- usage: having the feathers removed, as from a pelt or a fowl; "a plucked chicken"; "an unfeathered goose"
All rights reserved.