- 1. Big Dipper, Dipper, Plough, Charles's Wain, Wain, Wagon
- usage: a group of seven bright stars in the constellation Ursa Major
- 2. plow, plough, tool
- usage: a farm tool having one or more heavy blades to break the soil and cut a furrow prior to sowing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plow, plough, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move in a way resembling that of a plow cutting into or going through the soil; "The ship plowed through the water"
- 2. plow, plough, turn, till
- usage: to break and turn over earth especially with a plow; "Farmer Jones plowed his east field last week"; "turn the earth in the Spring"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of plough (Dictionary)