WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plastic, pliant, impressionable (vs. unimpressionable), waxy, impressible
- usage: capable of being influenced or formed; "the plastic minds of children"; "a pliant nature"
- 2. ductile, malleable, pliable, pliant, tensile, tractile, formed (vs. unformed)
- usage: capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out; "ductile copper"; "malleable metals such as gold"; "they soaked the leather to made it pliable"; "pliant molten glass"; "made of highly tensile steel alloy"
- 3. elastic, flexible, pliable, pliant, adaptable (vs. unadaptable)
- usage: able to adjust readily to different conditions; "an adaptable person"; "a flexible personality"; "an elastic clause in a contract"
- 4. bendable, pliable, pliant, waxy, flexible (vs. inflexible), flexile
- usage: capable of being bent or flexed or twisted without breaking; "a flexible wire"; "a pliant young tree"
All rights reserved.
See also: pliant (Dictionary)