- 1. plaster, mixture, covering material
- usage: a mixture of lime or gypsum with sand and water; hardens into a smooth solid; used to cover walls and ceilings
- 2. plaster of Paris, plaster, calcium sulphate, calcium sulfate
- usage: any of several gypsum cements; a white powder (a form of calcium sulphate) that forms a paste when mixed with water and hardens into a solid; used in making molds and sculptures and casts for broken limbs
- 3. poultice, cataplasm, plaster, dressing, medical dressing
- usage: a medical dressing consisting of a soft heated mass of meal or clay that is spread on a cloth and applied to the skin to treat inflamed areas or improve circulation etc.
- 4. plaster, plasterwork, surface
- usage: a surface of hardened plaster (as on a wall or ceiling); "there were cracks in the plaster"
- 5. plaster, adhesive plaster, sticking plaster, adhesive tape
- usage: adhesive tape used in dressing wounds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plaster, plaster over, stick on, cover
- usage: apply a heavy coat to
- 2. plaster, beplaster, cover
- usage: cover conspicuously or thickly, as by pasting something on; "The demonstrators plastered the hallways with posters"; "She let the walls of the apartment be beplastered with stucco"
- 3. plaster, affix, stick on
- usage: affix conspicuously; "She plastered warnings all over the wall"
- 4. plaster, cover
- usage: apply a plaster cast to; "plaster the broken arm"
- 5. plaster, daub, coat, surface
- usage: coat with plaster; "daub the wall"
- 6. poultice, plaster, dress
- usage: dress by covering with a therapeutic substance
All rights reserved.
See also: plaster (Dictionary)