WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plasma, plasm, blood plasma, extracellular fluid, ECF
- usage: the colorless watery fluid of the blood and lymph that contains no cells, but in which the blood cells (erythrocytes, leukocytes, and thrombocytes) are suspended
- 2. plasma, chalcedony, calcedony
- usage: a green slightly translucent variety of chalcedony used as a gemstone
- 3. plasma, state of matter, state
- usage: (physical chemistry) a fourth state of matter distinct from solid or liquid or gas and present in stars and fusion reactors; a gas becomes a plasma when it is heated until the atoms lose all their electrons, leaving a highly electrified collection of nuclei and free electrons; "particles in space exist in the form of a plasma"
All rights reserved.
See also: plasma (Dictionary)