Synonyms of planting
- 1. planting, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the act of fixing firmly in place; "he ordered the planting of policemen outside every doorway"
- 2. planting, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of plants (trees or shrubs or flowers) in a particular area; "the landscape architect suggested a small planting in the northwest corner"
- 3. planting, farming, agriculture, husbandry
- usage: putting seeds or young plants in the ground to grow; "the planting of corn is hard work"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plant, set, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground; "Let's plant flowers in the garden"
- 2. implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: fix or set securely or deeply; "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
- 3. establish, found, plant, constitute, institute, initiate, pioneer
- usage: set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- 4. plant, stock
- usage: place into a river; "plant fish"
- 5. plant, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive; "Plant a spy in Moscow"; "plant bugs in the dissident's apartment"
- 6. plant, implant, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: put firmly in the mind; "Plant a thought in the students' minds"
All rights reserved.