WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plantation, estate, land, landed estate, acres, demesne
- usage: an estate where cash crops are grown on a large scale (especially in tropical areas)
- 2. Plantation, colony, settlement
- usage: a newly established colony (especially in the colonization of North America); "the practice of sending convicted criminals to serve on the Plantations was common in the 17th century"
- 3. grove, woodlet, orchard, plantation, garden
- usage: garden consisting of a small cultivated wood without undergrowth
All rights reserved.
See also: plantation (Dictionary)