- 1. braid, plait, tress, twist, hairdo, hairstyle, hair style, coiffure, coif
- usage: a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- 2. pleat, plait, fold, crease, plication, flexure, crimp, bend
- usage: any of various types of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and then pressing or stitching into shape
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. braid, lace, plait, weave, tissue
- usage: make by braiding or interlacing; "lace a tablecloth"
- 2. plait, weave, interweave
- usage: weave into plaits; "plait hair"
All rights reserved.
See also: plait (Dictionary)