Synonyms of pitching
- 1. pitching, playing
- usage: (baseball) playing the position of pitcher on a baseball team
- 2. lurch, pitch, pitching, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance); "the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
- 1. flip, toss, sky, pitch, fling
- usage: throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
- 2. lurch, pitch, shift, move
- usage: move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
- 3. pitch, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall or plunge forward; "She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
- 4. pitch, set
- usage: set to a certain pitch; "He pitched his voice very low"
- 5. peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend, pitch, deal, sell, trade
- usage: sell or offer for sale from place to place
- 6. slope, incline, pitch, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
- 7. cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitch, move
- usage: heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
- 8. pitch, set up, rear, erect
- usage: erect and fasten; "pitch a tent"
- 9. deliver, pitch, throw
- usage: throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
- 10. pitch, hit
- usage: hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
- 11. pitch, play
- usage: lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
- 12. gear, pitch, adapt, accommodate
- usage: set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pitching (Dictionary)