Synonyms of pinning
- 1. pinning, promise
- usage: a mutual promise of a couple not to date anyone else; on college campuses it was once signaled by the giving of a fraternity pin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trap, pin, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
- 2. pin, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: attach or fasten with pins or as if with pins; "pin the needle to the shirt". "pin the blame on the innocent man"
- 3. pin, transfix, impale, empale, spike
- usage: pierce with a pin; "pin down the butterfly"
- 4. pin, attack, aggress
- usage: immobilize a piece
All rights reserved.