Synonyms of ping
- 1. Ping, Ping River
- usage: a river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya
- 2. ping, sound
- usage: a sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)
- 1. ping, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: hit with a pinging noise; "The bugs pinged the lamp shade"
- 2. pink, ping, knock, sound, go
- usage: sound like a car engine that is firing too early; "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline"; "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"
- 3. ping, sound, go
- usage: make a short high-pitched sound; "the bullet pinged when they struck the car"
- 4. ping, reach, get through, get hold of, contact
- usage: contact, usually in order to remind of something; "I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing"
- 5. ping, reach, get through, get hold of, contact
- usage: send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active; "ping your machine in the office"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ping (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.