WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expressway, freeway, motorway, pike, state highway, superhighway, throughway, thruway, highway, main road
- usage: a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
- 2. pike, freshwater fish
- usage: highly valued northern freshwater fish with lean flesh
- 3. pike, point
- usage: a sharp point (as on the end of a spear)
- 4. pike, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: medieval weapon consisting of a spearhead attached to a long pole or pikestaff; superseded by the bayonet
- 5. pike, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: any of several elongate long-snouted freshwater game and food fishes widely distributed in cooler parts of the northern hemisphere
All rights reserved.
See also: pike (Dictionary)