WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pickup, pickup truck, truck, motortruck
- usage: a light truck with an open body and low sides and a tailboard
- 2. pickup, bench warrant, arrest warrant
- usage: a warrant to take someone into custody; "put out a pickup on that man"
- 3. pickup, pick-me-up, corrective, restorative
- usage: anything with restorative powers; "she needed the pickup that coffee always gave her"
- 4. pickup, acquaintance, friend
- usage: a casual acquaintance; often made in hope of sexual relationships
- 5. pickup, getaway, acceleration
- usage: the attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration; "his car has a lot of pickup"
- 6. tone arm, pickup, pickup arm, mechanical device
- usage: mechanical device consisting of a light balanced arm that carries the cartridge
- 7. cartridge, pickup, electro-acoustic transducer
- usage: an electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable
- 8. pickup, collection, collecting, assembling, aggregation
- usage: the act or process of picking up or collecting from various places; "garbage pickup is on Mondays and Thursdays"
- 9. pickup, acquiring, getting
- usage: the act of taking aboard passengers or freight
All rights reserved.
See also: pickup (Dictionary)