- 1. lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket, watchman, watcher, security guard
- usage: a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- 2. picket, detachment
- usage: a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- 3. picket, demonstrator, protester
- usage: a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work
- 4. picket, military vehicle
- usage: a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- 5. picket, pale, strip
- usage: a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- 6. picket, piquet, torture, torturing
- usage: a form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. picket, demonstrate, march
- usage: serve as pickets or post pickets; "picket a business to protest the layoffs"
- 2. picket, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a picket; "picket the goat"
All rights reserved.
See also: picket (Dictionary)