Synonyms of pick
- 1. choice, pick, selection, decision making, deciding
- usage: the person or thing chosen or selected; "he was my pick for mayor"
- 2. picking, pick, output, yield, production
- usage: the quantity of a crop that is harvested; "he sent the first picking of berries to the market"; "it was the biggest peach pick in years"
- 3. cream, pick, elite, elite group
- usage: the best people or things in a group; "the cream of England's young men were killed in the Great War"
- 4. woof, weft, filling, pick, thread, yarn
- usage: the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
- 5. pick, plectrum, plectron, device
- usage: a small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument
- 6. pick, hand tool
- usage: a thin sharp implement used for removing unwanted material; "he used a pick to clean the dirt out of the cracks"
- 7. pick, pickax, pickaxe, edge tool
- usage: a heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends; "they used picks and sledges to break the rocks"
- 8. pick, basketball play
- usage: a basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body; "he was called for setting an illegal pick"
- 9. choice, selection, option, pick, action
- usage: the act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
- 1. pick, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select carefully from a group; "She finally picked her successor"; "He picked his way carefully"
- 2. pick, pluck, cull, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: look for and gather; "pick mushrooms"; "pick flowers"
- 3. blame, find fault, pick, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: harass with constant criticism; "Don't always pick on your little brother"
- 4. pick, provoke, evoke, call forth, kick up
- usage: provoke; "pick a fight or a quarrel"
- 5. pick, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove in small bits; "pick meat from a bone"
- 6. clean, pick, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits; "Clean the turkey"
- 7. pick, rob
- usage: pilfer or rob; "pick pockets"
- 8. foot, pick, pay
- usage: pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
- 9. pluck, plunk, pick, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion; "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
- 10. pick, break up, pierce
- usage: attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example; "Pick open the ice"
- 11. peck, pick, beak, strike
- usage: hit lightly with a picking motion
- 12. nibble, pick, piece, eat
- usage: eat intermittently; take small bites of; "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"; "She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pick (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.