- 1. phrase, construction, grammatical construction, expression
- usage: an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence
- 2. phrase, musical phrase, passage, musical passage
- usage: a short musical passage
- 3. idiom, idiomatic expression, phrasal idiom, set phrase, phrase, saying, expression, locution
- usage: an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up
- 4. phrase, dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation
- usage: dance movements that are linked in a single choreographic sequence
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate, express, show, evince
- usage: put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
- 2. phrase, arrange, set up, put, order
- usage: divide, combine, or mark into phrases; "phrase a musical passage"
All rights reserved.
See also: phrase (Dictionary)