WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. emotionlessness, impassivity, impassiveness, phlegm, indifference, stolidity, unemotionality, apathy
- usage: apathy demonstrated by an absence of emotional reactions
- 2. phlegm, sputum, mucus, mucous secretion
- usage: expectorated matter; saliva mixed with discharges from the respiratory passages; in ancient and medieval physiology it was believed to cause sluggishness
- 3. languor, lethargy, sluggishness, phlegm, flatness, inactiveness, inactivity, inertia
- usage: inactivity; showing an unusual lack of energy; "the general appearance of sluggishness alarmed his friends"
All rights reserved.
See also: phlegm (Dictionary)