WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. petrify, deaden, blunt
- usage: cause to become stonelike or stiff or dazed and stunned; "The horror petrified his feelings"; "Fear petrified her thinking"
- 2. lapidify, petrify, fossilize, fossilise
- usage: change into stone; "the wood petrified with time"
- 3. rigidify, ossify, petrify, stiffen
- usage: make rigid and set into a conventional pattern; "rigidify the training schedule"; "ossified teaching methods"; "slogans petrify our thinking"
All rights reserved.
See also: petrify (Dictionary)