WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disturbance, perturbation, upset, agitation
- usage: an unhappy and worried mental state; "there was too much anger and disturbance"; "she didn't realize the upset she caused me"
- 2. perturbation, influence
- usage: (physics) a secondary influence on a system that causes it to deviate slightly
- 3. perturbation, disturbance, activity
- usage: activity that is a malfunction, intrusion, or interruption; "the term `distress' connotes some degree of perturbation and emotional upset"; "he looked around for the source of the disturbance"; "there was a disturbance of neural function"
- 4. perturbation, fluster, discomposure
- usage: a disposition that is confused or nervous and upset
- 5. disruption, perturbation, disturbance
- usage: the act of causing disorder
All rights reserved.
See also: perturbation (Dictionary)