WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul, organism, being, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
- 2. person, human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh
- usage: a human body (usually including the clothing); "a weapon was hidden on his person"
- 3. person, grammatical category, syntactic category
- usage: a grammatical category used in the classification of pronouns, possessive determiners, and verb forms according to whether they indicate the speaker, the addressee, or a third party; "stop talking about yourself in the third person"
All rights reserved.
See also: person (Dictionary)