Synonyms of permeating
- 1. permeate, pervade, penetrate, interpenetrate, diffuse, imbue, riddle, penetrate, perforate
- usage: spread or diffuse through; "An atmosphere of distrust has permeated this administration"; "music penetrated the entire building"; "His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks"
- 2. percolate, sink in, permeate, filter, penetrate, perforate
- usage: pass through; "Water permeates sand easily"
- 3. interpenetrate, permeate, penetrate, perforate
- usage: penetrate mutually or be interlocked; "The territories of two married people interpenetrate a lot"
- 1. permeant, permeating, permeative, pervasive, distributive (vs. collective)
- usage: spreading or spread throughout; "armed with permeative irony...he punctures affectations"; "the pervasive odor of garlic"; "an error is pervasive if it is material to more than one conclusion"
All rights reserved.