WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. periwinkle, subshrub, suffrutex
- usage: chiefly trailing poisonous plants with blue flowers
- 2. periwinkle, rose periwinkle, Madagascar periwinkle, old maid, Cape periwinkle, red periwinkle, cayenne jasmine, Catharanthus roseus, Vinca rosea, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: commonly cultivated Old World woody herb having large pinkish to red flowers
- 3. periwinkle, winkle, seafood
- usage: small edible marine snail; steamed in wine or baked
- 4. periwinkle, winkle, seasnail
- usage: edible marine gastropod
All rights reserved.
See also: periwinkle (Dictionary)