Synonyms of pepper
- 1. pepper, common pepper, black pepper, white pepper, Madagascar pepper, Piper nigrum, true pepper, pepper vine
- usage: climber having dark red berries (peppercorns) when fully ripe; southern India and Sri Lanka; naturalized in northern Burma and Assam
- 2. capsicum, pepper, capsicum pepper plant, shrub, bush
- usage: any of various tropical plants of the genus Capsicum bearing peppers
- 3. pepper, peppercorn, flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring, seasoner, seasoning
- usage: pungent seasoning from the berry of the common pepper plant of East India; use whole or ground
- 4. pepper, solanaceous vegetable
- usage: sweet and hot varieties of fruits of plants of the genus Capsicum
- 1. pepper, zest, spice, spice up
- usage: add pepper to; "pepper the soup"
- 2. pepper, pelt, attack, assail
- usage: attack and bombard with or as if with missiles; "pelt the speaker with questions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pepper (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.