- 1. people, group, grouping
- usage: (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively; "old people"; "there were at least 200 people in the audience"
- 2. citizenry, people, group, grouping
- usage: the body of citizens of a state or country; "the Spanish people"
- 3. people, family, family line, folk, kinfolk, kinsfolk, sept, phratry
- usage: members of a family line; "his people have been farmers for generations"; "are your people still alive?"
- 4. multitude, masses, mass, hoi polloi, people, the great unwashed, group, grouping
- usage: the common people generally; "separate the warriors from the mass"; "power to the people"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. people, populate
- usage: fill with people; "Stalin wanted to people the empty steppes"
- 2. people, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: furnish with people; "The plains are sparsely populated"
All rights reserved.
See also: people (Dictionary)