Synonyms of pass off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pass off, look, appear, seem
- usage: be accepted as something or somebody in a false character or identity; "She passed off as a Russian agent"
- 2. pass off, dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore
- usage: disregard; "She passed off the insult"
- 3. pass off, pass, make pass
- usage: cause to be circulated and accepted in a false character or identity; "She passed the glass off as diamonds"; "He passed himself off as a secret agent"
- 4. evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
- 5. happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- 6. emit, breathe, pass off, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: expel (gases or odors)
All rights reserved.