- 1. party, political party, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization to gain political power; "in 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level"
- 2. party, social gathering, social affair
- usage: a group of people gathered together for pleasure; "she joined the party after dinner"
- 3. party, company, set, circle, band, lot
- usage: a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food"; "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
- 4. party, affair, occasion, social occasion, function, social function
- usage: an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment; "he planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day"
- 5. party, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person involved in legal proceedings; "the party of the first part"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. party, celebrate, fete
- usage: have or participate in a party; "The students were partying all night before the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: party (Dictionary)