- 1. partitive, word
- usage: word (such a `some' or `less') that is used to indicate a part as distinct from a whole
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. partitive
- usage: (Romance languages) relating to or denoting a part of a whole or a quantity that is less than the whole; "a partitive construction"
- 2. partitive
- usage: indicating or characterized by or serving to create partition or division into parts; "partitive tendencies in education"
- 3. partitive, separative, disjunctive (vs. conjunctive)
- usage: serving to separate or divide into parts; "partitive tendencies in education"; "the uniting influence was stronger than the separative"
All rights reserved.
See also: partitive (Dictionary)