- 1. partition, divider, structure, construction
- usage: a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
- 2. partition, computer memory unit
- usage: (computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit
- 3. partition, body part
- usage: (anatomy) a structure that separates areas in an organism
- 4. division, partition, partitioning, segmentation, sectionalization, sectionalisation, separation
- usage: the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. partition, partition off, separate, divide, part
- usage: divide into parts, pieces, or sections; "The Arab peninsula was partitioned by the British"
- 2. partition, zone, separate, divide
- usage: separate or apportion into sections; "partition a room off"
All rights reserved.
See also: partition (Dictionary)