- 1. farewell, leave, leave-taking, parting, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: the act of departing politely; "he disliked long farewells"; "he took his leave"; "parting is such sweet sorrow"
- 2. part, parting, line
- usage: a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions; "his part was right in the middle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. separate, part, split, move
- usage: go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
- 2. separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
- 3. depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave; "The family took off for Florida"
- 4. separate, divide, part, change
- usage: come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- 5. separate, disunite, divide, part, move, displace
- usage: force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
All rights reserved.
See also: parting (Dictionary)