WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. particularly, peculiarly, especially, specially
- usage: to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common; "he was particularly fussy about spelling"; "a particularly gruesome attack"; "under peculiarly tragic circumstances"; "an especially (or specially) cautious approach to the danger"
- 2. particularly, in particular
- usage: specifically or especially distinguished from others; "loves Bach, particularly his partitas"; "recommended one book in particular"; "trace major population movements for the Pueblo groups in particular"
- 3. peculiarly, particularly
- usage: uniquely or characteristically; "these peculiarly cinematic elements"; "a peculiarly French phenomenon"; "everyone has a moment in history which belongs particularly to him"- John Knowles
All rights reserved.
See also: particularly (Dictionary)