- 1. parry, blocking, block
- usage: (fencing) blocking a lunge or deflecting it with a circular motion of the sword
- 2. counterpunch, parry, counter, punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug
- usage: a return punch (especially by a boxer)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parry, block, deflect, fence
- usage: impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
- 2. hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep, avoid
- usage: avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
All rights reserved.
See also: parry (Dictionary)