- 1. paring, sliver, shaving, fragment
- usage: a thin fragment or slice (especially of wood) that has been shaved from something
- 2. paring, object, physical object
- usage: (usually plural) a part of a fruit or vegetable that is pared or cut off; especially the skin or peel; "she could peel an apple with a single long paring"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pare, pare down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: decrease gradually or bit by bit
- 2. whittle, pare, cut
- usage: cut small bits or pare shavings from; "whittle a piece of wood"
- 3. skin, peel, pare, strip
- usage: strip the skin off; "pare apples"
- 4. pare, trim, cut
- usage: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
All rights reserved.
See also: paring (Dictionary)