Synonyms of parallel
- 1. analogue, analog, parallel, similarity
- usage: something having the property of being analogous to something else
- 2. latitude, line of latitude, parallel of latitude, parallel, line
- usage: an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- 3. parallel, figure
- usage: (mathematics) one of a set of parallel geometric figures (parallel lines or planes); "parallels never meet"
- 1. parallel, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: be parallel to; "Their roles are paralleled by ours"
- 2. parallel, collimate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make or place parallel to something; "They paralleled the ditch to the highway"
- 3. twin, duplicate, parallel, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- 1. parallel (vs. perpendicular) (vs. oblique), antiparallel, collateral, nonconvergent, nonintersecting, comparable, symmetrical#1, symmetric
- usage: being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting; "parallel lines never converge"; "concentric circles are parallel"; "dancers in two parallel rows"
- 2. parallel, synchronous (vs. asynchronous), synchronal, synchronic
- usage: of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations; "parallel processing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of parallel (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.