- 1. paragraph, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paragraph, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide into paragraphs, as of text; "This story is well paragraphed"
- 2. paragraph, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: write about in a paragraph; "All her friends were paragraphed in last Monday's paper"
- 3. paragraph, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: write paragraphs; work as a paragrapher
All rights reserved.
See also: paragraph (Dictionary)