WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. papyrus, paper
- usage: paper made from the papyrus plant by cutting it in strips and pressing it flat; used by ancient Egyptians and Greeks and Romans
- 2. papyrus, Egyptian paper reed, Egyptian paper rush, paper rush, paper plant, Cyperus papyrus, sedge
- usage: tall sedge of the Nile valley yielding fiber that served many purposes in historic times
- 3. papyrus, document, written document, papers
- usage: a document written on papyrus
All rights reserved.
See also: papyrus (Dictionary)