- 1. pan, cooking pan, cooking utensil, cookware
- usage: cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel
- 2. Pan, goat god
- usage: (Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks; represented as a man with goat's legs and horns and ears; identified with Roman Sylvanus or Faunus
- 3. pan, container
- usage: shallow container made of metal
- 4. Pan, genus Pan, mammal genus
- usage: chimpanzees; more closely related to Australopithecus than to other pongids
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pan, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: make a sweeping movement; "The camera panned across the room"
- 2. pan, pan out, pan off, wash
- usage: wash dirt in a pan to separate out the precious minerals
- 3. pan, tear apart, trash, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: express a totally negative opinion of; "The critics panned the performance"
All rights reserved.
See also: pan (Dictionary)