WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pale, pallid, wan, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; "the pallid face of the invalid"; "her wan face suddenly flushed"
- 2. pale, pallid, wan, sick, weak (vs. strong)
- usage: (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
- 3. pale, pallid, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless (vs. colourful)
- usage: lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; "a pale rendition of the aria"; "pale prose with the faint sweetness of lavender"; "a pallid performance"
All rights reserved.
See also: pallid (Dictionary)