Synonyms of paired
- 1. pair, pair off, partner off, couple, unite, unify
- usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. pair, geminate, occur
- usage: occur in pairs
- 4. pair, geminate, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
- 5. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
- 1. mated, paired, matched (vs. mismatched)
- usage: used of gloves, socks, etc.
- 2. opposite (vs. alternate), paired
- usage: of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem; "opposite leaves"
- 3. paired, mated (vs. unmated)
- usage: mated sexually
All rights reserved.