usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
3. pair, geminate, occur
usage: occur in pairs
4. pair, geminate, arrange, set up
usage: arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
5. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
1. mated, paired, matched (vs. mismatched)
usage: used of gloves, socks, etc.
2. opposite (vs. alternate), paired
usage: of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem; "opposite leaves"