- 1. pair, brace, set
- usage: a set of two similar things considered as a unit
- 2. couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad, two, 2, II, deuce
- usage: two items of the same kind
- 3. pair, gathering, assemblage
- usage: two people considered as a unit
- 4. pair, poker hand
- usage: a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pair, pair off, partner off, couple, unite, unify
- usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. pair, geminate, occur
- usage: occur in pairs
- 4. pair, geminate, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
- 5. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
All rights reserved.
See also: pair (Dictionary)