- 1. paint, pigment, coating, coat, coloring material, colouring material, color, colour
- usage: a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating; "artists use `paint' and `pigment' interchangeably"
- 2. key, paint, space
- usage: (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint"
- 3. rouge, paint, blusher, makeup, make-up, war paint
- usage: makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paint, create
- usage: make a painting; "he painted all day in the garden"; "He painted a painting of the garden"
- 2. paint, coat, surface
- usage: apply paint to; coat with paint; "We painted the rooms yellow"
- 3. paint, represent, interpret
- usage: make a painting of; "He painted his mistress many times"
- 4. paint, cover
- usage: apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
All rights reserved.
See also: paint (Dictionary)