- 1. page, leaf, folio
- usage: one side of one leaf (of a book or magazine or newspaper or letter etc.) or the written or pictorial matter it contains
- 2. Page, Sir Frederick Handley Page
- usage: English industrialist who pioneered in the design and manufacture of aircraft (1885-1962)
- 3. Page, Thomas Nelson Page
- usage: United States diplomat and writer about the Old South (1853-1922)
- 4. page, pageboy, messenger boy, errand boy
- usage: a boy who is employed to run errands
- 5. page, attendant, attender, tender
- usage: a youthful attendant at official functions or ceremonies such as legislative functions and weddings
- 6. page, varlet, attendant, attender, tender
- usage: in medieval times a youth acting as a knight's attendant as the first stage in training for knighthood
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. page, summon
- usage: contact, as with a pager or by calling somebody's name over a P.A. system
- 2. page, work
- usage: work as a page; "He is paging in Congress this summer"
- 3. foliate, paginate, page, number
- usage: number the pages of a book or manuscript
All rights reserved.
See also: page (Dictionary)