Synonyms of pacification
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pacification, mollification, appeasement, calming
- usage: the act of appeasing someone or causing someone to be more favorably inclined; "a wonderful skill in the pacification of crying infants"; "his unsuccessful mollification of the mob"
- 2. peace, peace treaty, pacification, treaty, pact, accord
- usage: a treaty to cease hostilities; "peace came on November 11th"
- 3. pacification, counterinsurgency, conflict, struggle, battle
- usage: actions taken by a government to defeat insurgency
All rights reserved.