Synonyms of overturned
- 1. overturn, turn over, tip over, tump over, turn
- usage: turn from an upright or normal position; "The big vase overturned"; "The canoe tumped over"
- 2. overturn, tip over, turn over, upset, knock over, bowl over, tump over, move, displace
- usage: cause to overturn from an upright or normal position; "The cat knocked over the flower vase"; "the clumsy customer turned over the vase"; "he tumped over his beer"
- 3. overrule, overturn, override, overthrow, reverse, rule, decree
- usage: rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
- 4. overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down, depose, force out
- usage: cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- 5. revoke, annul, lift, countermand, reverse, repeal, overturn, rescind, vacate, cancel, strike down
- usage: cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
- 6. revolutionize, revolutionise, overturn, change, alter, modify
- usage: change radically; "E-mail revolutionized communication in academe"
- 1. overturned, upset, upturned, turned (vs. unturned)
- usage: having been turned so that the bottom is no longer the bottom; "an overturned car"; "the upset pitcher of milk"; "sat on an upturned bucket"
All rights reserved.