Synonyms of overtaking
- 1. passing, overtaking, reordering
- usage: going by something that is moving in order to get in front of it; "she drove but well but her reckless passing of every car on the road frightened me"
- 1. overtake, catch, catch up with
- usage: catch up with and possibly overtake; "The Rolls Royce caught us near the exit ramp"
- 2. pass, overtake, overhaul, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: travel past; "The sports car passed all the trucks"
- 3. overwhelm, overpower, sweep over, whelm, overcome, overtake, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli
All rights reserved.